Last Updated: December 14, 2021
What Personal Information We Collect
We may collect certain information about you, including:
- information we may automatically receive when you visit the Motion Plus Website, including your browser information; Internet Protocol (IP) address; information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies; the day and time of your visit; and the website page you visited prior to visiting the Motion Plus Website;
- your name and contact information, such as email address, mailing address and telephone number you provide when registering for an account, ordering products or services, and if you wish to contact us or request further information; and
- financial information in connection with orders and purchasing or applying for credit.
We collect information to understand your needs, fulfill orders, provide better service, and enhance our marketing efforts including, without limitation, as follows:
- Providing and improving our products and services.
- Providing newsletters and other information about our products and services.
- Responding to sales and technical support inquiries.
- Fulfillment of products and services.
- Responding to career inquiries.
- Sending promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting.
- Market research and internal record keeping purposes.
- Carrying out our marketing activities.
- Responding to your inquiries.
- Administering the Motion Plus Website, identifying any server problems, and calculating website usage levels.
- Identifying you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Motion Plus Website.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our Terms; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We do not sell personal information to anyone.
When placing orders for products or services or when applying for credit on the Motion Plus Website, we may collect your financial information such as credit card information, account information and other financial information. Credit card payment information is immediately tokenized for each unique transaction and is provided to our third-party vendor CyberSource who processes the payment . Submitted information pertaining to application of credit terms through Motion Plus is shared with Aerotech as our primary vendor for review of credit worthiness. Motion Plus does not retain or store your credit card information in any format, and does not process your credit card payment.
Data Retention & Transfer
Your information, including personal data, may be transferred to or maintained on computers or servers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those from your jurisdiction. For instance, your information may be transferred to any of our locations in the United States, and may be stored on servers operated and maintained by Google which may be located around the world. Any data transfers of information from people located within the European Union (EU), United Kingdom (UK) or the People’s Republic of China will be protected as required under the EU GDPR, UK GDPR, Personal Information Protection Law (“PIPL”) and their guidelines, respectively.
We and our third-party vendors use reasonable physical, electronic and administrative measures to safeguard your personal information under our control, including data encryption and anonymization where appropriate. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If we learn of any breach or unauthorized access that may impact your personal information under our control, we will notify you and the appropriate authorities, as required by applicable law. Likewise, if you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us at email@example.com (or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are in China).
Third-Party Vendors & Services
These vendors have their own privacy and data collection practices which are independent of us. We are not responsible or liable for these independent practices, policies or actions. You should carefully review their privacy policies and other conditions of use:
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the Motion Plus Website, there may be a box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes.
If you are in China, you may be asked for specific consent for transferring your data outside of China.
If you have previously agreed to our using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at email@example.com (or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are in China).
We will not sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may disclose your information to our manufacturing partners.
Choices & Access
If you no longer want to receive electronic newsletters, marketing communications, and other communications related to other products or services offered by us, you can click on the “unsubscribe” link available in each email or contact us and request to be removed from our email marketing database.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practical. Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages as part of your ongoing use of our products or services.
Depending on your location or where you are a resident, you may have certain privacy rights regarding your personal data according to that country’s or state’s privacy laws, such as but not limited to the EU, UK, China, California, Virginia and Colorado. These rights may include:
- Right of access: You can request further details regarding your personal information that we process, such as the types of personal information we process, the source of such information, the purpose for which we process the personal information, the expected duration that we anticipate holding that personal information, and the technical safeguards for that information, subject to the limitations set out in applicable laws and regulations.
- Right of correction/rectification: At your request, we will correct incomplete or inaccurate parts of your personal information.
- Right to be forgotten/erasure/deletion: At your request, we will delete your personal information if it is no longer necessary for us to retain it, though we may decline your request if we must continue the processing of your personal information to complete services or provide requested products to you or to comply with legal requirements.
- Right to restrict processing: At your request, we will restrict processing of your personal information, though we may decline this request if we must continue the processing of your personal information to comply with legal requirements.
- Right to data portability: At your request, we will provide you with your personal information in a commonly used format.
- Right to decide on processing for marketing. Depending on the country or state, you may have the right to opt-in or opt-out of processing of your personal data for targeted advertising, sale of personal data and profiling in connection with decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
- Right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw any consent you may have previously given us at any time.
- Non-discrimination: You have the right to not be discriminated against in price or service for exercising your privacy rights.
- Right to Appeal: For Virginia and Colorado residents, you have a right to appeal our decision regarding a privacy request if it is not provided within 45 days from receiving your request. You may first appeal to us at email@example.com. If the appeal is denied, you may submit a complaint to the Attorney General’s office of the state.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (or email@example.com if you are in China).
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online activities monitored and collected. We do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online.
Children Under the Age of 14
Our products, services and the Motion Plus Website are not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 14. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 14, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 14, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (or email@example.com if you are in China).